The Snappi Diaper Fastener revolutionized cloth diapering! Over 40 million have sold worldwide. It is an EASY to use fastener that offers a practical and reliable way to fasten a cloth diaper, replacing the diaper pin. It comes in a variety of colors and is made from a stretchable non-toxic material, which is T-shaped with grips on each end. These grips hook into the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural movement for the baby.
Snappis WORK BEST with Snappi terry cloth diapers, cotton prefolds (Chinese or DSQ), and other cloth diapers with a loose enough weave for the Snappi to hook into. They DO NOT work well flannel or any other tightly woven diapers, even most hemp diapers.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
1. ALWAYS use a cover when using a Snappi fastener on your baby’s diaper.
2. Keep out of children’s reach when not in use!
3. Do not cut your Snappi. This could create weak spots in your Snappi.
4. INSPECT your Snappi before each use and discontinue use immediately if there is any sign of cracking, tearing, breakage or wear of the teeth or any other parts.
5. Do not use your Snappi for longer than 6 months.
6. Do not leave your Snappi lying in the sun. It is not UV resistant and this can reduce the effectiveness of the Snappi.
7. The best way to clean to your Snappi is to wash in warm soapy water. Do not launder them with diapers in the washer as this may weaken the grip attachment.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Snappi fasteners need to be used correctly in order to work effectively.
1. STRETCH the Snappi fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the 'memory' of the Snappi to return to its original size and in so doing, pulls the diaper together to the middle to allow for a snug fit. This is essential for the Snappi to work properly. This can be done by holding the Snappi in the center with one hand and close to the end of the leg (not by the rings) with the other hand and s-t-r-e-t-c-h a few times (10 or so). As you do this you should feel how the material 'softens' or gets more elastic. Follow this stretching procedure with each leg. The Snappi is then ready to go!
2. Make sure that your Snappi is ATTACHED SECURELY. It is important that the Snappi 'leg' being attached be stretched across the diaper before hooking it into the diaper. So,
Stretch ACROSS and Hook Right,
Stretch DOWN and Hook Center
By following these instructions, the Snappi should be secure, the diaper will fit snugly and the baby should not be able to undo it. ALWAYS place a cover over the diaper and Snappi fastener.
CAUTION: Any tear in the Snappi can lead to separation of a piece, presenting a possible choking hazard. Do not cut your Snappi as this could create weak spots in your Snappi. Inspect your Snappi before each use and discontinue use immediately if there is any sign of cracking, tearing, breakage or wear of the teeth or any other parts.
The Snapp fastener is manufactured from FDA approved raw materials, a polyester based polyurethane which is degradable on aging through hydrolysis and/or microbiological attack. It contains NO latex or any other adulterant, dilutent or modifying polymers. The composition is 100% polyurethane. It is made in South Africa.
Size 2 is made for older babies and toddlers!