When your baby shows signs of rolling over, it’s very important for safety reasons to transition them out of being swaddled. Their hands need to be free to reposition themselves when they roll over so they can push up off the mattress.
· Most babies really love being swaddled, so transitioning them out of swaddling is usually a real challenge as it is a change to their sleep routine.
· The Patented Zip-Off wings on the Swaddle UP 50/50 Transition Bag helps make this transition gentle and uneventful. We recommend transitioning both at naps and bed time to ease baby into this new sleep routine.
· To start, simply zip off one wing and let the baby get used to having one arm out for a few nights. Once that works, remove the second wing and your baby has successfully transitioned from swaddling into a comfy wearable blanket for longer use.
· If your baby was not previously swaddled in an arms up position, the transition may take a little longer.
· The dual zipper makes diaper changing a breeze and eliminates the need to remove the swaddle and having to completely re-swaddle the baby. The patented design eliminates any risk of loose fabric and the zipper replaces noisy Velcro or bothersome snaps.
· The snug fit from our 4-way stretch fabric of 93% Cotton and 7% Elastane creates a familiar and secure feeling just like in the womb to calm the Moro (startle) reflex. Does not contain flame retardants or any harmful chemicals.
· Large size fits babies from 18.5 lbs. up to 24 lbs., approximately 6-9 months. The Swaddle UP 50/50 Transition Bag Original is 1.0 TOG. All seams are sewn on the outside and the zipper is protected so there is nothing rough against baby’s skin.
· As your baby grows, Love To Dream’s 3-Stage Sleep System has you covered with our cute and practical Stage 3 Sleep Suits.